So, Garron's birthday was in August. He got to celebrate right before school started - which he was glad about. A couple of times, his birthday has either fallen on the first day of school or the day after, and he would much rather enjoy his day without the complications of being a full-time student looming over his head:)
This is ONE of his birthday cakes. Aunt Carrie made him another one. This one was brownie with chocolate frosting, and the other was actually chocolate cake. A boy after our own hearts, right?
...Wishing away...
He also invited a few friends to see a movie with him. They watched Fly Me to the Moon while gorging on all kinds of sugary confections - aaah, to be 9 again!
Garron is an amazing boy. When he was born, the nurses commented on what a polite cry he had. We thought it was interesting that he always had a furrowed brow - like he was constantly worrying about something. Looking back, I know now that those were traits that were very innate, and part of his character. He hates the thought of bothering people or letting anyone around him down. He IS very worried ... about almost everything it seems. Consequently, he's very careful, thoughtful and methodical. We hope as parents to be able to help him use all those characteristics to his benefit as he continues to grow - and we're excited to see what this old world has in store for him.
Happy 9th Birthday Garron!
6 comments:
We miss you Garron. We hope your having a spooktacular time.
Love ya
Happy b-day! Can you believe you have a 9-year old? Crazy how quickly time passes. Especially when you have great kids.
So glad he had a happy birthday. We love Garron and miss him.
Cute cake! sounds like a fun b-day.
to be 9 again, indeed. although, i still gorge myself on crap and watch movies, sooooooo. . . . .
Kristi...
I CAN'T believe I have a nine year old. I remind him every day that he's still my baby - he loves it:)
Kathy...
I'm worried about you - your going to overdose one day. ha ha
I can't believe you have a kid who is nine. Last time I saw you was what?? 1997, winter semester. coming up on 11 years ago. crazy!!
Post a Comment