Thursday, January 31, 2008

Calling all Yoga pros

I sadly have to admit that I am often outdone by my eight year old.  He has way more coordination than almost the whole Barber family combined (sorry to rat us out guys:)).  So, you would think after a while I would just get used to him be better than me at some things...but this one has got my goose.  I introduced him to yoga a couple of weeks ago by showing off the poses that I'm good at (basically the more 'flexibility' intense ones) - and was so pleased to see that I could still impress him with my meager skills, and what's left of my authority and clout (from his standpoint).  

Since then, he has learned and perfected the 'frog stand'.  These pictures are supposed to represent his fluid movement from the floor to full pose.  Since I am NOT the picture taker of the family, the shots don't do his move justice (I kept making him do it over and over to get 'good' shots which is why he has a hat on in the last one) - but hopefully they give you an idea of how a novice eight year old can outshine his mother.  



Can anyone else do this pose?  I can hold it for all of 2 seconds - if I can even start at all.  Garron can stay in pose for like half a minute!!  Is it all about upper body strength or balance?  I guess either way I have little hope of becoming a great frog stancer...

5 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

That's amazing!! Way to go Garron! My wrists are hurting just looking at those pictures. I heard that yoga is a really good exercise for kids...I bet Haley would love it. Good job Garron...and I'm sure you're great at Yoga too Lindz...where are those pics?
Lindsey J

Brett and Sarah said...

haha oh lindsay ur so amazing i can so picture you trying to do that pose..but knowing you and how ur perfect at everything....u'll get it : )

Kathy said...

i just tried it - and the answer for me is: no.

Unknown said...

I can do it, but it took me a few weeks in yoga class to get the balance down.

The Belnaps said...

That is impressive. I've tried that pose several times. Very difficult!