Friday, January 4, 2008

Movie Madness

I took the boys to a movie yesterday.  It started raining and ruined our plans for miniature golf, so we met a friend and her son at the show.  We started to sit in the middle of the theater...but the boys decided it would be more fun to sit in the front - we obliged.  Our first mistake was not moving after reporting an unmentionable stain that workers would not clean up (sick!!)  It was too late to move by this point, so divided we sat.  This would have been fine - until a lady with her son sat at one end of us and started slurping their drink.  After what seemed to be 20 minutes of straw-sucking torment, the mother finally caught on to our annoyance and put the drink down.  But it was picked back up again at for the last part of the movie.  My friend kept flashing them 'don't you hear how loud your being with you soda' looks, but to no avail.  We stayed for the credits and then got up to leave, only to notice a slurpee cup in their cup holder.  What!!!??!!!  I thought for sure that they must have smuggled it in somehow, but sure enough slurpees are sold at this particular theater.  Does this seem as crazy to anyone else as it does to me?  Like top of the 'worst combos of all time' list!?!  



**update**  I just saw this on a friends blog...  it's a review for something called an aquapod.  Scroll to the bottom and read the review.  This combo totally trumps slurpees in a movie theater!

8 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Lindsay you are so beautiful!! I love the family picture that you sent me. What movie did you go and see?? Rick and I really want to see National Treasure...we loved the first one. Thanks for always being so nice and encouraging to me...you're such a good mother...you're my example of patience!! I love you!!!
Lindsey J

The Five that Jive said...

I love the song on your blog...it gets stuck in my head though..aaahhh!! I clicked on that aquapod thing...hilarious!! Whoever came up with that product is getting paid a pretty penny (from people in Germany who are crazy enough to buy it) for a bucket...hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Love the comment on the aquapod!!!

Kathy said...

you're kind to throw mean looks at them - i would have chucked some popcorn at them. . . .ok - FINE, i probably wouldn't have - but SERIOUSLY, that is so annoying. and HILARIOUS on the "aquapod" story!

Kathy said...

also this: they had some thing on the news here about that aquapod thingy - i thought "how stupid! but i guess people must love it!" the news story went on and on about how great they are - um - no. anyway - that lady's comment/story is hilarious. ok - that is all.

RightHahn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k.m. said...

e-mail complete. And I actually cried I laughed so hard reading the aquapod review. Haven't you always wanted to do something like that?

RightHahn said...

I'm with you, Kristi - I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time! Now, all I have to do is think about or look at that baby totally stuffed into that bucket...and laughter erupts:) The reviewer mom totally has a talent for driving home a point.


Kudos to Nancy for finding this one!