Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

We don't have everyone's address - so thought we would post a copy of the' Happy New Year' cards that we sent out....the formatting isn't working out so well, but you'll get the idea:)




 2007


We are thankful to report having had a wonderful year! 


The biggest news for our family was the chance to move earlier this year from our tiny studio apartment to a home, as house sitters for a couple that left on a mission to Japan.  The extra space has been very liberating.  The boys now share a room – complete with new bunk beds and space for all of their books and toys.  They still surprise us though by periodically stating that they wish they could live in our old place forever…go figure!


 Randy continued to inch closer to finishing his AA in photography this year – and is hoping that by this time next year to be enrolled in classes for his BA.  He is still enjoying working at Hatch Building Company.  He also serves as a Sunday school teacher for the 11-12 year olds at church.

 

Lindsay started taking classes again in January and is enjoying the return to scholastic endeavors.  She is also learning a lot by serving as Relief Society secretary in the ward.

 

Garron had a monumental year.  He turned 8 in August and was baptized in Lake Tahoe over the Labor Day weekend.  He is in 3rd grade and constantly amazes his teacher with his abilities, kindness and good manners.  We appreciate very much having such an obedient and disciplined son.

 

Mathias turned 4 in May – and continues to amaze his parents with his ability to love everyone he meets, make the people around him laugh at the drop of a hat, and tackle new challenges without fear or hesitation.  We appreciate very much having such a loving and free spirited son.

 

We acknowledge the love and blessings of our Heavenly Father.  We know that it is through Him and His son that our lives find meaning and purpose.  May He bless us all with a wonderful…


 2008

18 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Ok-so you posted a ton--so I'm going to try and remember everything that I wanted to say!
I love the pics of the doors and windows...and the water under the dock...very cool!! Thanks for finally posting pictures of the redwood trees...it looks so different!! I love your music...good job! I love your CHRISTmas pictures...very cute. Where were they taken in front of? I love your new train...and that is you and Kelli on the ornaments right?
Ok---one more request...pictures of the new paint in the kitchen and family room...now get to work!!!
HAHAHAHA!
Love you!!!
Happy New Year!!!
Lindsey J

The Five that Jive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k.m. said...

Super cute Lindsay. We send you our best wishes for the upcoming year of 2008!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the Christmas letter update. Now that I know you officially moved, it explains why the Christmas card we mailed you just came back this week.

Anonymous said...

Just blog-hoppin', came across here, and I'm wondering ... what song am I listening to? It's very nice.

And Happy New Years to you - all the best in the future.

Kathy said...

nice new year's letter. you look beautiful!!!! great family picture - you have cute boys. Happy new years :)

Kathy said...

nice new year's letter. you look beautiful!!!! great family picture - you have cute boys. Happy new years :)

Kathy said...

nice new year's letter. you look beautiful!!!! great family picture - you have cute boys. Happy new years :)

RightHahn said...

The song is probably 'gone for good' by The Shins - it's the first one that plays when you load the blog...after that are songs by Jack Johnson, Harry Connick and Dean Martin - but you'd have to be reading for a while before those come up...

Glad you liked the music!

RightHahn said...

Thanks, Kathy - didos to you and your family:)

Kathy said...

um - HEH and OOPS on the million comment postings. sorry :)

The Barbers said...

We thought about y'all several times over the last week or so with Mitchel here. We were wishing y'all were closer and all that jazz. We had a fabulous week of holidays and anticipate a return to school with mixed emotions.
The Martinelli bottles is a cool picture!! I too was wondering where you took the family pics!?!?!?

RightHahn said...

Kathy - no worries on the postings - sadly I have done the same thing....only my repeat included the word 'naked', which made the whole thing a little funnier:)

RightHahn said...

Tuesdi,

Garron kept asking - 'can't we just go to Vegas?' - with a extra dose of 'duh' in his voice:) It would have been so fun to celebrate with you guys:)

I liked Randy's Martinelli picture as well - he's very funny...

We took the pictures at a place in town called Ravenswood - it's a running/working Victorian museum of sorts. Randy's battery ran low so he didn't get to finish taking pictures - which I'm sure means that we will at some point be back there to finish. It seems like a really neat spot...

megan said...

Lindsay - you DO look beautiful but not like that's a surprise! You do such a nice job on your blog...

by the way - tell Jamin I want to be added to his blog list if I qualify.

k.m. said...

I too have to agree with everyone about you looking positively radiant. I echo Megan's last comment. Tell Jamin I would like to be added too. (If I may.) |*_*|

Unknown said...

You do look gorgeous!!! Sounds like you had a great year, good for you for getting back to school. I keep thinking about it, one of these days I will get around to it.

RightHahn said...

Thanks Meg and Kristi - I appreciate your kind thoughts:) They are a nice balance to the 'you look pregnant in that picture' comment from a friend (who will remain anonymous). Actually, women DO look amazing when they're pregnant...so maybe it's all one in the same?

I will definitely pass on the blog requests to Jamin. I'm certain he will love having you guys as blog buddies...especially since their baby is due any millisecond now ... :) ....

Thank you both for checking in often - I love hearing from you!