Monday, February 25, 2008

Tag...You're it...


Kristi tagged me

1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share 6 non-important things/ habits /quirks about yourself
4. Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blog
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the fun begin

1.  My favorite color is orange.  I'm not sure why...or what that means about me - but I do.  The funny thing is...I think I own a total of ONE item of clothing that is orange (it's a skirt from J Crew).  So, I guess I don't flaunt my appeal for this color very much...which kind of leads to another random thing about myself...

2.  I'm not an 'in your face' kind of person.  Some of my pet peeves revolve around people who exploit this trait to the max....like moms who yell for/at their kids in stores or from long distances.  Don't get me wrong - yelling to get your kids' attention has it's place (like if a car is coming 
and you need to yell at them so they won't get smashed).  But, I think in most cases...just walking over to get them works best.  Actually, Randy and I have a family whistle that comes in really handy as well.  

3.  Many people ask me why I don't have a southern accent - and I finally was able to pinpoint the real reason recently while chatting with my sister-n-law, Tuesdi.  As a kid I think I internalized the fact that people with southern accents were viewed as ignorant and uneducated - so I modeled my verbal skills to match what I thought sounded smarter.  Sad, huh?  And I'm sure if you asked a few of my first roomates at college they would disagree....it took me a long time to NOT say "fixin", "toe-let" for toilet, and other such wonderful jargon:) I still love listening to distinguished southern men, though. Somehow the accent doesn't seem so lame when spoken in bass...

4.  As a kid I wanted to be a gymnist, ballerina and scientist.  I'm 0 for 3!!  I have recently however, taken dance classes - the kind where you have to put on performances.  Crazy!!  It's helping to get the dance bug out of my system.  I still have a goal of being able to learn and regularly do backward handsprings though.  And my favorite classes to take are still science related.  I just finished biology and chemisty - they were a lot of fun...


5.  I love experiencing new things.  Meeting new people, trying new food, and going to places I've never been are some of my favorite things to do.  If it were more practical...I would try and live in every state...and a few other countries as well.  

Austrailia would be fun, fun, fun...Italy too

6.  Newborns terrify me - not other people's - just my own.  Something about being the only person that they're relying on makes me absurdly anxious.  I wasn't prepared for that reaction.  I love 2 and 3 year olds though - so if you ever need to send your 'terrible-two' somewhere so you won't string them up...you know where to ship them to;)


I tag Melissa, Kimra and Marisa 

12 comments:

The Barbers said...

I love orange too. But I have several items of clothing, all different shades of orange.
Now about the yelling parents... thanks to your brother, you're stuck with me! And you handle me so well!

Kathy said...

*packing up natalie to ship down to you* kidding. . . .
i wanted to be a ballerina and a model when i grew up (i was SO close. . . ) 0-2 for me :)

k.m. said...

I too lack the southern drawl. Every once in a while I'll break out the fixin', y'all or "toe-let" and people ask where I'm from. I would love for my boys to have a southern accent (again with the accent) like Harry Connick JR rather than Forrest Gump.

megan said...

You put on dance performances?

RightHahn said...

Kristi...

You're right...Harry has the best accent. It must be the Cajun in him:) The funny thing is...with as little of an accent that I have - and Randy's complete lack of one, my boys (especially Mathias) will periodically alternate speaking in a Southern accent and a Brooklyn accent (Randy's family immigrated from Germany to New York a few generations back). It's very entertaining - but perplexing at the same time:)

Hey...sorry for copying your post title!

Megan,

Sadly...yes. I have been involved in dance performances. Shocking, huh? My only saving grace is that there is always at least one person that is a bit more uncoordintated than me:) It's been a weird combination of embarrassing and relaxing for me. You should try it!

The Five that Jive said...

Very fun!! I didn't know that you had done some dance performances...did Randy tape them?? That's something I would enjoy doing also. I ditto the newborn thing...way scary!! 2 year olds are very entertaining!
Love ya!
Lindsey J

The Rockin Hahns said...

lindsay heres my #1......i hate when people send me things like.....tagging me! just kidding, i'll try my best :)

Nancy said...

I too love orange. When I was three, my parents let me pick what color my room was going to be. I ended up with wallpaper of dolls wearing orange dresses (only on one wall, my parents couldn't bring themselves to do all four walls). I think I like the color because of orange sherbet, orange Skittles, and orange Starbursts.

I'm with you on that newborn thing. Terrifying.

And, as one of your first roommates at BYU I don't remember thinking you had an accent... but I guess you did say some words funny. I lived next door to a guy at BYU that was from Florida (does that count as the south) and he had a sweet accent but at the same time, it made him sound really dumb. So I know what you mean.

RightHahn said...

Nancy...

Orange starbursts are the best! And thanks for not remembering my southern slurs...I know I still had them. Sakura just stood out as the one with an accent that semester, I'm sure;) I still miss her home-made won-ton thingys. Yum!!

How are you guys doing? It sounds like the baby is doing well! So, now Joel, Jamin and Mitchel will be having surgery w/in the next month. Joel's still leading the pack with open heart surgery - though Mitchel totally tried to trump it by shattering his shoulder and needing a metal plate to fix it. Nice, huh?

The Rockin Hahns said...

sorry lindsay, i'm a little slow, i haven't figured it out yet. But, we bought airline tickets today to come to livermore on april 8th. We are super excited for a little break.

Melissa

RightHahn said...

Melissa!!!! That's super exciting!!! But it doesn't get you out of the tag:)

Can't wait to see you guys - maybe we should try and suprise the boys?

The Rockin Hahns said...

Yes, we should. I think the boys would be so surprised.

Ryan says to update your blog :)