My friend, Marisa, has recently joined the ever fashionable ranks of stylish do's - and bobbed her hair. It looks great (this isn't a surprise if you know Marisa - she has always looked great:)) She is afraid however, that her new cut is a little too close to the ones she had as a kid - you know the ones - we all had them. They're the few (hopefully) that make a small part of you cringe when you see them again:)
The really stylish bob in this photo of me - the one that made me look like a marvel of androgyny - is sadly a cut that I had for too many years...either due to a playful slice by my brothers with our scissors at home, or as a remedy created by my mom because I wouldn't take care of my hair. Whichever the case may have been for the given year, I spent much of my childhood being mistaken by strangers for a boy.
Ta-daaaa!
What's your bad-haircut story? :)
16 comments:
This was not even close to the worst of your's my dear sweet daughter....you were notorious for
cutting YOUR OWN HAIR!
Take sissors, place at the scalp
with right hand, hold hair with left and CUT! I was always left
to clean up the remains of your
handy work...LOL
But what a beauty you have become
despite your efforts to hide yourself using Micah and Jamin as
your chosen role model..
That picture is adorable!! I've never seen a pic of you as a kid...you were so dang cute!!! I think you look so cute...and I'm not just saying that...I really, truly, 100% mean it. I want to see more!
Lindsey J
ha! that is HILARIOUS! but you still look cute in that picture! sadly, i have so many bad hair cut stories. enough to fill a book. . . perhaps i will. meh - i'm too lazy.
anyway - i love that picture - i also want to see more :)
You REALLY can't knock the spinach smoothie until you try it!! It's so delicious and wholesome. You can't taste the spinach at all. Ok--so try it---and then tell me what you think.
Put a lot of spinach in a blender...put fruit in...whatever kind you like...I prefer blueberries...put a banana in...and some orange juice. Blend that baby up...and you have a spinach smoothie. If you don't tell them that spinach is in it...they won't know. We have it every night with dinner...you get your greens and your fruit all in one yummy serving! Seriously...try it!
Love your open-minded, ever willing to try new things sister.hehehe.
Lindsay, that is a cute picture of you. I don't think you could ever look bad.
Cut picture, I think I'm going to try that style...oh wait I'm loosing my hair.
Not only am I loosing my hair, I'm losing it!
you are losing it Ryan!! heheheh
Bad hair story..... I grew up in the 80's..as a teenager...enough said.
The spinach in a smoothie works! Our are a little green but you can't tast the spinach at all! (with the fruit) Broccoli is too strong, but I don't think I tried it with banana. Banana is strong too!
Ryan - I think we have a picure of you with this exact haircut. I also found one of Garron with this style as well. It's the only time he looks more like me than his uncle:) Oh yeah...did I tell you that you owe me a baby clone. I figure it's the least you could do since Garron looks so much like you!
I think I do look cute in this picture - just cute on the BOY side of the chromosome scale! But like my mom said...it didn't bother me horribly b/c I wanted to be like my brothers anyway.
Tuesdi...I think 80's hairdo's make the BEST hair stories. Some of the styles defy all logic...and gravity periodically:) You should post them as a badge of honor:)
Tuesdi and Lindsey...spinach smoothies must be all the rage - I just conversed with Kimra about them as well. My boys like spinach salad, so I've never felt like I had to sneak it to them - but I think they sound delicious. We'll definitley have to try them soon:)
Lindsay, thanks for posting a picture of yourself! Unfortunately, yours is still cute, mine were hideous! I love the shirt you are wearing!!!
Marisa...
You did NOT look hideous. Just because you were cool enough to keep up with fashion while the rest of us (meaning me) were busy digging in dirt - doesn't make you look hideous....just 'with the times'! Besides...if I dug a little harder I could find some pictures that reflected lots of my akward stages - with and without the boy haircut:)
That shirt came with a matching set of black leggings - the kind that had the stirrup strap...remember those? That was probably all the femininity I could muster...:)
Oh yes, you have got to love the stirrup pants.
Lins - I will be the only honest one in the bunch - I totally didn't realize it was you at first and thought it WAS a boy! So, androgynous is right. But didn't you(and I ) really work for that same look in high school?
I have many childhood memories of people yelling at me when I rode past them on my bike, "Hey Spencer!" I think it's because my mom only knew one haircut - and she gave them to all of my four brothers as well as I. My brothers got the annual summer buzz cut - I was saved from that luckily.
Megan...
We totally had this same haircut in highschool!! Yours was always cuter though - b/c of your great waves. But at least then we dressed like girls (except for camp of course) :)
Ya...I remember people saying "that's Micah and Jamin's little brother"...when Mitchel was no where in sight!! For a long time I loved the mix-up b/c I equated being faster, funnier and smarter to being boylike - and those were all traits that I wanted.
Crazy...huh? Sadly - I think it took me much longer than normal to grow out of that phase:)
Post a Comment