This Is the Hahn Family Tent. My Mom passed it on to us a couple of years ago while she was cleaning out her Garage. This is a Sears and Roebuck Family Tent made along time ago. It is a tent that the Hahn family used many times on camping trips but mainly for the Livermore 1st Ward Camping trips. The ward was so neat back then because every year everybody in the ward would go on the ward camping trip. It was usually a week long so we would even have sacrament meeting. So many memories we have with this tent. One memory I have is my parents taking hours to erect it. The directions are long gone and its definitely not an easy tent to put up, even the poles are color coded so you think it would make it easier...but no it could not be done without the help of everybody in camp coming over and giving there input on how it needed to go together. We could fit all eight kids in this tent (my parents slept in the van). My Mom hung a blanket in the middle to separate the boys and the girls. It was always cold...because it was made out of canvas. Not much for insulation. But we are glad to have it and set it up occasionally. The boys definitely Love playing and sleeping in it. "Dad can we sleep in the tent tonight".
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
omgness i surprisingly remember this tent!!! LOL that's so amazing that it's still alive haha!Camp Shelley was by far the best...we need to have a huge reunion! cutest picture ever of randy and the boys haha! <3 love and miss you guys!
Get out the Waterproofing can! And do all things necessary to preserve this piece of family history for Garron and Mat-D. Orlando was great, but so glad to be home again....Next....the Right Hahn Home in Nov.....I hope! Love ya all, Lolly & Gumpy
We got a new tent for Christmas that we have yet to use. But it's huge. We haven't set it up yet because at the time that we opened it, it was winter in Kansas and it was too big to set up, even in my in-laws living room. And since then, we've been too busy to camp. So the father/son campout is this weekend and Brandon's dreading taking it because it's SO HUGE. But he's 6'3", it's not like he could fit in one of those tiny two people dome tents.
Your tent reminds me of all the tents I slept in at YW camp. :)
Wish Brandon good luck for us at the campout! I think I would dread having to set up a tent all by myself as well:) Too bad the tents in Harry Potter aren't for sell - then he could use a pop-up tent....;)
Randy thanks again for calling me today. It made my day! The tent brings back a lot of memories! I can't believe mom and dad didn't sleep in the tent too! The tent looks like it has been through a lot though, doesn't it?
I totally remember this tent. I can't believe that you were able to set it up without instructions. You must be quite the boyscout! I'm glad that it's still being enjoyed. I don't remember the sheet being put up though...I think your making that up...you tend to do that. hehehe.
7 comments:
omgness i surprisingly remember this tent!!! LOL that's so amazing that it's still alive haha!Camp Shelley was by far the best...we need to have a huge reunion!
cutest picture ever of randy and the boys haha! <3
love and miss you guys!
Get out the Waterproofing can! And do all things necessary to preserve this piece of family history for Garron and Mat-D.
Orlando was great, but so glad to be home again....Next....the Right Hahn Home in Nov.....I hope!
Love ya all,
Lolly & Gumpy
We got a new tent for Christmas that we have yet to use. But it's huge. We haven't set it up yet because at the time that we opened it, it was winter in Kansas and it was too big to set up, even in my in-laws living room. And since then, we've been too busy to camp. So the father/son campout is this weekend and Brandon's dreading taking it because it's SO HUGE. But he's 6'3", it's not like he could fit in one of those tiny two people dome tents.
Your tent reminds me of all the tents I slept in at YW camp. :)
Cute picture. I remember it as the Army tent. The tent set up is priceless and the land is $500,000 in California. Great memories.
Love,
Darthvader Ryan, Princess Mel, & Ewok Alta
Nancy -
Wish Brandon good luck for us at the campout! I think I would dread having to set up a tent all by myself as well:) Too bad the tents in Harry Potter aren't for sell - then he could use a pop-up tent....;)
Randy thanks again for calling me today. It made my day! The tent brings back a lot of memories! I can't believe mom and dad didn't sleep in the tent too! The tent looks like it has been through a lot though, doesn't it?
Thanks for sharing.
Kimberly
I totally remember this tent. I can't believe that you were able to set it up without instructions. You must be quite the boyscout! I'm glad that it's still being enjoyed. I don't remember the sheet being put up though...I think your making that up...you tend to do that. hehehe.
Post a Comment