Happy Birthday to Randy! He reports having had a great birthday - the best yet, even! In honor of his favorite candy, we made him a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting...yum! The boys made him a family celebration plate. Mathias chose the phrase "you're the best" b/c it reminds him of Nacho Libre saying "it's the best";) The boys' instructions to Randy regarding the plate are that he's to share it whenever it's someone's birthday, or someone gets a good grade, or does something extra special. Lovely, boys...lovely.
Randy also got a book, some great ties, and replacement headlight casings for our car (not shown...but they look amazing!). We also had some fun with him and added trick candles to his cake. We all had fun watching him blow them out again...and again...and again.
He appreciates all the calls, letters, facebook messages, songs sung over the phone and more! Enjoy the shots...



8 comments:
That cake looks really delicious!! Can Lindsay make my birthday cake too?? Love ya and Happy Birthday!!
Wow!!! What a Man....You look Marvelous, My dear and the cake
too!!
Lindsay, did you make that delicious cake? I need the recipe! I love Reseese's Peanut Butter Cups! They are "The Best!" Randy, Curtis read the 2 books, "With the old Breed" and "Helmet for my pillow" which the book that you got, "The Pacific" is a combination of those 2 books. Cool huh? I'm glad you had "The best" birthday! Did you get those letters that were folded so cool?
I meant "Reese's" Peanut Butter Cups! Sorry, I didn't know how to spell them.
So happy Randy had a great birthday! We love you so much! What a fun cake! Great job Lindsay!
I did make the cake, but it turned out too dry. I've had better luck adding sour cream, extra eggs and a pudding mix to box cakes.
The frosting was from The Barefoot Contessa - and it was really good! For that you need:
1 c powdered sugar
1 c creamy peanut butter
5 tbs unsalted butter
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 c heavy cream
Mix the sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt on medium low until creamy. Add the cream and beat on high until the mixture is light and smooth - Enjoy!
um - YUM. my birthday is in june. . .in case you feel like whipping up another one of those beauties and sending it my way.
you got it, Kathy!
Post a Comment