Believe it or not - Randy is officially a college graduate!!!! He wasn't sure that he would ever make it through his associates degree, but with some tenacious flare he pulled it off. I know an AA is often not recognized as a milestone, or as an event worth pausing and congratulating oneself at - however, for some people I think it is an achievement of great magnitude.
For Randy it signifies the following: (1) he faced and defeated one of his greatest, immortal enemies - math. No kidding folks!!! He literally took EVERY beginning math class that Las Positas offered b/c he wanted to make sure that he understood the subject. (2) he learned first hand that he actually kind of likes school - with the exception of a few classes of course. (3) he learned that his family (near and far) could love and support him through his struggles. (4) he learned that his supposedly smart wife is not very good at explaining the subjects that she excelled at in school. (5) he learned that he could push himself to be a husband, father, full-time employee, part-time student, active church member and more ... with much more patience and resilience than he ever knew possible.
So...from barely graduating from high school - to an AA with highest honors (it's embossed in gold and everything:)), your family pauses to congratulate you Randall, on a job well done!
10 comments:
I think our husbands should be friends. Brandon graduated from high school only after taking a math class over the summer to make up for the one he failed. He earned his Associates degree 4 years ago while being married, working full-time and starting a family. He'll get his BS next month (and declared a Math minor so he'd look better as an Economics major even though the math classes have been kicking his behind). Etc. Now we're off to a PhD program and he pretty much feels like the oldest person still in college.
So, way to go Randy. We know first hand how hard it all is.
Congratulations Randy! :)
Nancy...you make me feel like we're in WAY good company!!!! Randy's plan is to get his Master's in photography, so we still have a ways to go as well! I talked to him briefly about trying to at least minor is business - but he asked how many math classes he would have to take...and that was that:) He's content with finishing off where he did - though he still might have to take statistics...he finds out this week!
I'm super glad to know that some of our friends are in the same boat as us...it's nice to know we're not alone:)
Nice Work Randy!!! Congratulations!!
Congratulations Randy, you are totally tubularly awesome!! I thought getting my AA was hard, I can't imagine having a family and working and doing it. Way to go!!! We love you!!
Randy & Lindsay:
Congratulations----We knew you could do it. You have all struggled
to reach this very important goal.
Words can not express how proud
we are of you.
We love you both.
Dad and Mom
We are so proud of you Randy! What a good job well done. We are so happy for your accomplishments. You are a great person all around.
Good job! Sometimes reaching the "smaller" goals simply gives us the confidence in ourselves that we can do it. I am one who finds that accomplishing smaller steps toward big goals is helpful in motivating me to keep going!
I say AMEN to the above comments
and How very proud I am of you Randy for your accomplishing your goal and the rest of the Hahn for supporting Randy!
Great Job Guys!!!!
i despise math too. it actually terrifies me :) anyway - congrats to randy!
Post a Comment