For some reason, it seems like we've already posted about this trip - but there's no record of it. Weird. If it really is redundant, however...we apologize:)
Before Carrie and Sarah left for school, we took Carrie to see Muir Woods. Randy was the only one that had ever been, so it was an exciting trip all around.
Muir Woods is home to the coastal redwood tree. These trees are cousins to the giant sequoias, but don't grow quite as tall.
Here's a good scale shot. Carrie and Mathias are on the bridge - being totally dwarfed. These trees seemed enormous, so I can't imagine being in the sequoia forest with even bigger ones. Hopefully we can make that trip soon...
This is me being amazed...I really do love trees. I always have. There's something so staggering about them. I can't help but think of how similar they are to people. They seem to obtain wisdom as they age and grow; they gain strength and support by growing close together (family); and they older they get, the more they can share...whether it's shade, food or even wood.
Carrie wanted to go into San Francisco before she left as well - so we took her across the GG bridge. Randy loves getting unique shots/angles of the bridge, so it was a match made in heaven:)
This is one of his favorite spots. He loves the old, abandoned military buildings. They're tucked right into the hillside - a good hiding spot - with beautiful views.
The boys liked being able to play prisoner. This is actually one of the bedrooms there. They're all in one long building and each has one window, one fireplace and little wall niches. It's interesting to think about the kind of memories people had there.
5 comments:
I totally know where this is! I took pictures there also!!!! I love that stuff to! So amazing, and beautiful! ah love you guys! Time to put up halloween picts! lol
Hey, crazy - aka, Sarah...get to class!! Halloween pics are next:)
I love all of the pics. It looks like it was a fun trip. I love going into the mountains and seeing all of the beautiful trees. Isn't there a place called the Redwood National Forest or something? I seem to remember taking a field trip there at some point.....can't wait for the halloween pics!!
Lindsey J
looks like a fun place to go. i love trees too.
THAT LOOKS SO FUN. WHERE IS IT AT?!
Post a Comment