Last winter when things were not going well for our company - my boss gave advice to all of us that it would be smart to put our resumes out just in case things didn't work out. It was a scary time for us for many reasons - some being that we didn't have health care insurance, we weren't done with school (or done paying for school), and we had no real plan to fall back on. I started to do some research on my career (photography) and how much school would cost. I needed some way to be able to support my family and continue my education at the same time. The Navy is the solution I found. I will be able to do what I love, support my family, travel the world, build more character, continue my education... and not have to worry about paying for it. I also liked the idea of being paid to get in great shape and serve my country. So Lindsay and I prayed about this decision - and way back in March of this year I enlisted in the Navy.
I report to Basic Training February 3rd 2009 in Great Lakes, Illinois. I will spend Eight weeks there. Then I will attend what is called an "A" school where I will be trained in my Profession.
I report to Basic Training February 3rd 2009 in Great Lakes, Illinois. I will spend Eight weeks there. Then I will attend what is called an "A" school where I will be trained in my Profession.Lindsay will stay in California until I am assigned a base. The base could be San Diego, Hawaii, or Florida. It will definitely be hard for me to be away from my family for such a long time...
But...we are really excited for this new adventure and hope we can get the support we need from family and friends. I am so thankful to Ryan and Steven Hatch for all of the training and experiences that I have had with Hatch Building Co. I will be able to use the things I have learned while working there for the rest of my life - and I know those skills will definitely come in handy in whatever I do.
But...we are really excited for this new adventure and hope we can get the support we need from family and friends. I am so thankful to Ryan and Steven Hatch for all of the training and experiences that I have had with Hatch Building Co. I will be able to use the things I have learned while working there for the rest of my life - and I know those skills will definitely come in handy in whatever I do. I want to express deep and fervent gratitude for my parents and all of their love and support. I wouldn't have made this decision if I knew that they weren't behind me. Receiving their blessing sealed the deal.
9 comments:
So...I don't even know what to write here...but I have the most amazing brother in the world. Most deffinite mixed feelings on this.
I love you Randy
Military service runs in our blood. I've always admired those who serve. It will be a great experience and a great honor. You'll have to teach me everything you learn.
Hey Randy, Just want you to know that you have my love and support. This must have been a very difficult decision to make. I have to agree with Sarah, I have mixed feelings about this. I love you though and your my brother, whatever decision that you've made with your family, we'll support.
Love ya,
Lindsey
Wow! I agree with everything said. It must have been a hard decision for you guys to make. We love and support you in your new endeavors and we will pray for your safety and for your family while you are gone from them.
Love,
Kelli
What?? I am in shock, don't know what to say, but I guess if you and your family have prayed about it and it's what YOU FEEL is best for your family, then I guess that is what you have to do. I still think you could have moved back here to Utah where the cost of living is cheaper than California...but, Oh, that's right you hate Utah, sorry! I still don't know what to say because I am still in shock...Curtis is excited for you! You could have joined a gym to stay in shape, ha ha! (Not that you are in bad shape)
Love, Kimberly
Randy, sounds like you are in for one big adventure! Papa would be proud of you. Good luck, work hard, and have enjoy.
Ronny
what a wonderful opportunity. best of luck.
Randy,
I love you so very much. You are my son and I am so very proud of you for who you are today and the wonderful husband you are to my daughter Lindsay. You are an outstanding Father to both of your sons. I know that our Father in heaven loves you and watches over you and yours. Your other family is very proud of you and know that you will go far in you new career choice. We will do everything we can to support you and Lindsay!
Love ya,
Laura
Oh Randall, you know I love you but you'll just have to visit your wife and kids at my house!!
Karen
Post a Comment