Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Backlash

My friend Nancy linked to this article on her blog - and I felt like it was worth spreading around. The whole process linked to Prop 8 has been an interesting one...interesting in the way the author defined.  Hopefully, in the future, more people will be able to see that tolerance is a two-way street...

5 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

All I can say is, WOW!! It's so sad that Mormons are really the only ones being targeted right now. It's so sad that we can't just agree to disagree and go our separate ways. It's so sad that people who stand up for what they believe in are completely HATED for it. It's so sad that a church is being targeted for upholding their christian views....what a world we live in!

k.m. said...

here in UT we only got a slight glimpse on the news about the situation going on in Cali. I had no idea how awful it was. I'm saddened and hurt by the hatred of others against the church. I feel frightened for my children and what feels like an upcoming religious battle.

Kricket said...

Thanks LindsAy
I appreciated his insight and thoughts on the whole issue.
Kricket

Kathy said...

the whole thing is very sad. it got way out of hand - which i think anything will that has to do in opposition to the gospel teachings.

Amy said...

That is a really good article. This is really such a sad situation. I know the first Presidency released another statement yesterday.

On another note: Good luck in the navy!