Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Memory Lane

I told Spencer a LONG time ago that I would get some shots of his elementary school for him.  I took these right before I started my class, which is why I'm posting them now:)

I'm not sure what is new to the school since he was there.  This is probably an addition, but the mural is super fun...so, I couldn't pass it up.

The playground outside the front classrooms

The walk-way and courtyard


Who knew a tiny little school in Livermore, CA could produce a "Super Sheik"

Or King of Karate? 

I hope those help bring back some fun memories!!

6 comments:

k.m. said...

ha ha! Those are some great pics of him. Brett ran into him at the grocery store a month ago. Small world. I'm still reading. s l o w l y. :)

RightHahn said...

That's so funny! Grocery store run-ins are one of the most common and random phenomenon in Utah. I would always run into friends there that I hadn't seen for a long time. I was convinced that Food 4 Less in Provo was a twilight zone:)

No worries about the book!! You ARE the mother of two boys...so I'll slide you some slack.

The Whittle Clan said...

Lindsay,

This school looks so nice. I love all of the potted plants everywhere. It looks well take care of.

Suzanne said...

hey Lindz!
I am not sure how to work this blog thing yet, so there might be a better place to reach you on this site. but, you can deal with it...right?
My blog is http://www.go-wolfpack.blogspot.com/
see if it works. there is not much there yet...
Love you!
Suzanne

Kathy said...

ha! great picture of spencer :)

Spencer Arntsen said...

This is so great! And a little bizarre - just yesterday, out of nowhere, I was looking at a google map of Livermore and realized that I could use the street view feature to see Portola elementary. Though a lot has changed, the little kindergarten playground along Portola Ave. is still the same place. I was there in 1981-82, so it has been a little while since I last laid eyes on it. Amazing what memories can come back to you. Thank you so much for taking these photos.

Also, thanks for reminding me how lame I am with the other two photos. Now I can't pretend not to be a total dork.