Saturday, September 6, 2008

How getting behind on our blog really started

If pictures are worth a thousand words - then this is what school usually makes me feel like:

but THIS is what my most recent sociology class made me feel like:

The reason?  In a six week time span we had to write the following papers:

3-4 pg abridged history on the ethnic group of your choice
3-4 pg current status of that group
3-4 pg review of ethnic theory
12 pg midterm
10 - 12 pg paper utilizing your history, current status, and theory review papers
3, 2 pg movie reviews
2 pg review of the class
10-12 pg final

And I'm pretty sure I'm missing some assignments in there somewhere.  The crazy part?  I accomplished all this with just juggling my kids on a summer schedule - Randy accomplished all this while juggling working full time (sometimes until past midnight), taking ANOTHER class, planning and running a couple of YM activities, and spending time with his family.  Crazy!!  I still feel burnt out from the workload - and he's on to two more classes this semester.

So, needless to say - some (or a lot) of things fell through the cracks while enduring our sociology class.  You will most likely be witnessing several seemingly outdated posts in the next few weeks - sorry.  We will do our best to make them seem just as exciting as they were when they happened!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, that is quite a class. Nice job juggling, if I had to do all that, I think I would end up in an asylum somewhere.

Kimberly said...

You guys are amazing! Carrie and Sarah told us how much they were going to miss Randall, so tell him that. They said that he works too hard. After all that, it sure sounds like it.

The Barbers said...

Are you crazy yet?!?!?
I am now. Thanks alot~

k.m. said...

Are you guys super heroes? That is amazing and impressive.

Kathy said...

easy tiger. i should probably motivate myself to do something like that. . . . but meh, being lazy is SOOO easy. :)