Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shelley Duvall's magnum opus


I have mixed feelings about these shows.  My boys love them - because they see the fairy tales that we've read to them brought to life.  I like them because I get to see stars in roles that are so beloved.  For example: Bernadette Peters and Christopher Reeve in Sleeping Beauty, Mick Jagger and Barbara Hershey in The Nightingale, Paul Ruebens as Pinocchio, and Billy Crystal and Jeff Goldblum (who plays a fabulous Big-Bad Wolf!!!) in The 3 Little Pigs.  

But something about them kind of bugs me - I can't put my finger on it!  It's not a big enough deal to make me not watch them (because over all they are pretty good - some of them, in fact are quite well done) - but I get a little bugged with a few of them.  I can't tell if it's b/c they are a bit 'over-done' or if it's because I hate fairy tales.  Have any of you seen these?  What do you think?

4 comments:

Brett and Sarah said...

hahaha i think those videos are so funny/wierd. I feel the same way! Like I think they are so fun to watch but at the same time..kinda wierd..I Dunno..haha

Kimberly said...

My siblings and I would watch these all the time growing up! My mom ran across them last year and bought them for all the grandkids for Christmas. Even though they were meant for the grandkids, the siblings enjoyed them more. We still quote Hansel & Gredtel quite often..."Then you must share mine." Ahhhh, the memories!

RightHahn said...

Sarah,

Ya...I guess that about says it. Maybe they're a bit weird b/c they're getting to be so old?


Hey Kimberely!!

I totally get quotes from these stuck in my head - the latest is from Jack and the Beanstalk, when the giant has a revelation: "I just realized today, that when you die - you're dead". Priceless wisdom!!

Kathy said...

i have seen some of those! they disturbed me a bit when i saw them!