Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Marathon Birthday

So...we let Mathias pick what he wanted to do for his birthday.  I know there is the potential for great danger in such a decision - but he luckily was reasonable, and very excited to be in control for the day.  Here is a run-dun of his selected activities...

We started out by meeting some friends at IHOP.  There's no harm in a few pancakes for breakfast, right?  He actually wanted the chicken and french fries though - so we obliged.  

Then we were off to Party Palooza.  It's an indoor jump house - and ended up being a great choice for the day.  It was like 103 outside...so the park would have been a little toasty.

He was dying to see Prince Caspian - which was only a good decision b/c of the before mentioned weather hazard.  The movie makers strayed even farther from the book's plot this time.  It wasn't horrible - but it wasn't my favorite.  It made Mathias happy though...so I won't complain too loudly.

He really wanted Grandpa Hahn and Randy to take him golfing - but they would have melted after a few holes.  So, swimming @ Grandma's would have to suffice - and luckily it did the trick.

This wasn't part of his plan - but he appeased us by pausing long enough for some shots with his mommy:)  One of the other great things about Mathias is that when you kiss him...he almost always kisses you back.  He's very tender-hearted that way...

Grandma and Grandpa Hahn helped him wind up the day with dinner at McDonald's - and you guessed it...another round of chicken and french fries it was.  

We waited to do his birthday dinner on Sunday - and surprisingly he didn't ask for me to make him anything poultry or potato related.  He wanted pizza - so I made personal pizzas for everyone!  He also wanted a turtle cake, so wahlah...

Birthday Extraordinaire!!!

10 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Wow! It sure sounds like a fun-filled birthday to me! He's so cute. I love the pics with you and Randy...way cute! I love the bangs too lindz. I'm sooooo excited to get the pictures...and thanks so much for the blanket...I'm way excited to see how it turned out. I love the big candles on his cake...and pizza is everyones favorites:) Happy Birthday to Grey!!
Lindsey J

Brett and Sarah said...

Awww fun fun fun!!! You all look gorgeous in the pictures and Lindsay I love love love your sunglasses! Your such a hot mama!
And i've heard that the Prince Caspian movie isn't the best..hmmm whats the deal?!
That cake looks tons of fun..and pizza..and fries and all that good stuff..that is my boy! haha
love and miss you!

The Rockin Hahns said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy birthday! Alta always talks about going to the park and swinging with Mathias, and making soup in the backyard. Love the candles.

The Barbers said...

Wow, that's quite a day! This year is a friend party one for Shinara. It looks like we are headed for Chuckie Cheese unless I can convince her to do a pool party. (I won't hold my breath.)
I love the picture of the face he's making when you kissed him! He couldn't look more like Randy that in that one!
Beautiful pictures Randy!

Kricket said...

LindsAy,
What an adorable little boy. I love the picture of you kissing him. That is priceless.
Kricket

Unknown said...

I LOVE your bangs!

RightHahn said...

Kricket,

Thanks! He's a keeper I guess:)

Sarah,

Thanks too - those are Karen's sun glasses. The PD is for Premier Designs...not P-Diddy (in case you were wondering:))

Marisa,

My hair dresser 'texturized' my bangs this time. I think she had to b/c I always try to trim them in between seeing her...which I'm sure totally messes them up. Luckily she's magic and can fix anything:)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to D to the O to the C. I will need him come November to plan my next birthday party-so free up his calendar.

Anonymous said...

I just look to see all the pics and feel part of the Party! Thanks for posting all of them....I do believe we have a party planner in the works! Love ya all and can't wait to see you all this August in HOT TEXAS!!
Love, Lolly

RightHahn said...

Jamin...

I will be sure to let Doc know about your request. You might change your mind though if his new 'kick' by then is clowns:) That could be scary...