Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Garron's double-one birthday

Garron turned 11 on August 23.  He asked for a red cake with a wand on it...


Wah-lah!  


There's really no way to explain the love we have for this boy.  He is good in ways we don't deserve.  Randy and I have often discussed how having Garron in our family has proven to us that God truly does know our limitations - and that we are obviously meant to be challenged in other ways/areas of our lives...not through our children.  At least not yet:)

He is quiet, reflective, bright, kind, loving, and careful.  He has an immense desire to do what's right.  We have loved watching him grow up - and step out of his shell a little more each year.  

He is finally learning to stand up to his little brother - which is frustrating for me at times, but good practice for him:)  

He's a great story teller.  Watching a reenactment of an event from his day is an amazingly fun treat, especially if you only know him as a quiet kid.  I love when he stops to laugh with me and then has to recompose himself to finish!

We love you, G!  Keep being you, Kid!!

3 comments:

Kricket said...

He is so cute and sounds like everything you deserve!!

The Five that Jive said...

I also take pride in being his favorite aunt!! Love you Garron, you are my inspiration! You are such a great swimmer and I love that you like playing with my kids:) Miss you and Happy Happy Birthday!!

The Whittle Clan said...

Garron is a such a sweet kid. We love him so much and glad that you have those special times with him everyday. I can't wait to see him soon! Happy Birthday!