Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stars and Goodbyes

The boys were both selected as students of the month this month.  Garron's teacher chose to recognize his increased confidence since our last conference with her.  This is an area he has struggled with since starting school.  He is very bright, but doesn't like participating - and often doubts his abilities.  She feels that he is starting to offer more answers...and even show his sense of humor more:)


Mathias' teacher recognized him for being a good citizen.  She says that whenever they learn about new things, he's one of the first to put it into action.  Like....when they learned about how bad littering is for our planet, he spent most of his recess picking up trash from lunch time.

Randy's parents held a farewell dinner for him today:)  It was amazing - as usual.  Cherie knows no bounds when good food is in order!  We took some pictures before the feast began...


Such smooshy faces...

We'll try and keep everyone posted on how Randy's doing while in basic training.  He's excited to get started...and we're excited for him to get back home:)  

14 comments:

The Whittle Clan said...

Randy, you and your sweet family mean so much to us. We will be praying for you and your family. We love you and know that the time will fly by and you will be together again before you know it. Good luck! We love you so much.

The Rockin Hahns said...

What a great opportunity. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Ditto for the comments previously posted, Randy will be in our thoughts and prayers as will Lindsay and the boys. We are very proud of Randy and his family for supporting him as head of his family! I see lots of growth for the Right Hahn family with the their choices! Love ya all,
Mom in TEXAS!!!

Kimberly said...

What a good looking family! Yes, we would love to hear how Randy is doing! Please keep us posted Lindsay! May Randy be safe and enjoy this new journey and may it go by quickly for Lindsay and the boys. You are all in our prayers! Love you all! The Nelson's

Amy said...

We wish all of you good luck!
Stars and stripes forever!!!:)

RightHahn said...

Thanks everyone - no melt downs yet...but I feel them a-brewing! Mathias is doing better as of yet, but that will probably not be the case when it finally sinks in that a "long time" really is a "long time" :)

We appreciate all of your thoughts and concern... !!

Kathy said...

congrats to the boys on their awards - that's great :) they look so proud of themselves, as they should!

you look so beautiful, lindsay. very cute family picture. i'm sure the time will fly by (most days :) ) - what a great opportunity and experience for randy.

also - nothing to do with this blog post - are you still in school/taking classes?

RightHahn said...

Thanks, Kathy!:) I think it will go by quickly as well - especially once we get going...

I'm not in classes this semester. I normally take classes at night when Randy is home...so I decided not to worry about it this semester. In the fall, I should be able to start day-time classes (Mathias will be in school full time instead of half day)...

How come?

Kricket said...

Lindsay,
How can Randy leave a girl like you at home? You look great!
Kricket

RightHahn said...

Kricket...thanks! You're funny:)

Kathy said...

oh, i was just wondering. i have been thinking about taking a few classes, but will probably wait until linus is older. :)

RightHahn said...

You should!! It definitely is easier the older your kids are - so, I get why you'd want to wait a bit:) Fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah we are both now single/married moms. Hang in there. Your family pictures make me feel old. I feel like your boys are so big now. I'm sure you feel that way about Jules. Oh by the way she goes by Tay Tay now. PS. It's not stalking if I invite you to my blog.

Mere

RightHahn said...

Hey Meredith!!

We are old:) And Jules is NOT allowed to change her name - but, for curiosity's sake...how did Tay Tay come into the picture?

I'm totally stalking you!! Mostly b/c I want to go pants shopping with you...and I just don't know how to ask:) Ha ha ha