Sunday, August 3, 2008

West Point- Randall's Cabin

We started our vacation last week at a cabin owned by some family friends.  Their place is huge, and they have more toys and amenities than a resort!  The boys had endless fun on the ATV's there...especially Garron, who realized that he could utilize one of the four wheelers without any help from an adult.  What more could a boy ask for?

Isn't this place awesome?  The only thing missing was a swimming pool - but I'm afraid if there had been one we would have claimed the place as our own.  Possession is nine tenths of the law, right?  I think you can see the swing in this shot as well.  You could go super high in it -but it was slow and smooth, which suited all the kids just fine.
The infamous green monster...Garron was a pro by the end of our stay, zipping and speeding his way through all the trails.  If I wasn't so afraid for his safety it would have been more fun watching him dart all around the place:)
Texas size cowboy boots anyone?
This little motorcycle had a clutch, so Garron wasn't able to give it a whirl - but Randy did give it a go, just to test it out of course.
Randy's brother Ronny was a magnificent pianist for our family home evening while we were there.  The FHE's and family devotionals that we had were very touching - and hopefully just as memorable as their gas powered, adrenaline filled counterparts.  
The cousins.  :)  They all played so wonderfully together.  I don't think I heard one complaint or argument from them the whole time.  It was a summer vacation miracle...

Emily and Garron stopping long enough to pose for a photo op.  Emily is the oldest grandchild on the Hahn side....and she is soooo sweet and such a good example for the rest of her cousins.  

Bear in the basement.  It was fun to see all the kids' reactions to this friendly little guy.  He is the recent trophy of the cabin's owner - direct from a hunt in Alaska.  
The local scenery.  This place is not too far from Sacramento or Lake Tahoe for those who know the area.  It reminds me of Cleveland, TX alot - just with mountains:)  It's very woodsy and fun, with wildlife and star filled nights.  
This is a great shot of California's golden hills.  It's really fun to have the brown hills contrasted with green trees.  This is pretty much the scenery we live with 8-9 months out of the year.  The hills are only green during the winter when we get the most rain.  It took a while for me to get used to not have everything be green, but now it's kind of grown on me.
Anyways - we really enjoyed this first leg of our trip.  We're hoping we get to do it all over again at some point.  It was nice having a place big enough to hold all the family that could make it, so we're very thankful to the Randall's for helping to make it all possible:)

3 comments:

The Barbers said...

Goodness sakes! You guys have some great stuff available to you! Of course, if I was wiling to get in the car and go more often, we might too :} I love the brooke picture. Mardi would have loved that place.

Kimberly said...

I loved looking at all the pictures of the Randall's home. I am already sad that we aren't there anymore! Randy got some great shots of the huge home.

RightHahn said...

The Randall cabin was super fun, Kim...and I'm with you on missing it already! It was so fun being able to have everyone under the same roof, and to be able to enjoy each other's company:) G & M had sooooo much fun playing with your girls - they're the cutest!