So...my sister was kind enough to fly Garron, Mathias and I down to Houston for a visit. It was amazingly generous of her to host such a memorable experience for us. We missed Randy a lot while we were gone, but it was so fun to visit with family that we see on a very sporadic basis. Of course, one of the first things on our agenda was to meet up with Papi and Grandma Barber.
From left to right: Shelby (sister), JT (nephew), Coulter (brother), Mathias, Garron, Tersa (my niece from Vegas who was also visiting), Papi, Grandma Barber, Tess (niece) and Leann...our sugar mamma:)
Garron, Papi, Tersa, Grandma, Tess and Mathias
Mathias was not liquidated in the making of this photo - though he probably would have enjoyed it. It IS Houston:)
Tersa was revolting the picture taking extravaganza that I informed her I would be on, since her mom and dad weren't going to be there to document her Texas adventure.
Garron concurring with his cousin...
Call them crazy, but Grandma and Grandpa wanted to host a sleep-over for the grandkids while they were in town. It was hard to let them go - but they didn't miss us for a second! In a subsequent post, you'll understand why:) In the meantime, Leann and I had to pick up her husband from the airport after his stint in Prague. We took him out to Iguana Joe's in Crosby for a bite to eat upon his return. This is him looking extremely jet lagged - or completely overwhelmed with the fact that he agreed to pay money for me to come down to torture him. The vote is still out.
To round out the day, we met up the Ginger (a great family friend - or enemy depending on how nice you are) and went shopping and out to dinner. If you're ever in Pasadena, Texas...this is a great Italian restaurant. The starter bread and olive oil/vinegar was amazing. I could have just eaten that and felt satisfied.
My sister, mom and me...and the wishing fountain. This was probably the first girls night out that we'd had in over 10 years - crazy, huh? My kids were busy catching fire-flies as we ate, which helped me to not miss them so much. That was one of my favorite activities as a kid, and I was so excited that they got to enjoy doing the same.
More to come...
8 comments:
Looks like you guys had a nice trip. I am glad you were able to spend some quality time with parts of your family. The boys probably had a blast too.
So lucky! I keep trying to think of an excuse to go back, but sadly don't have family there any longer. Maybe we'll go just because. Looks like you had fun!
Yeah new pictures! I appreciate you taking some while you were there! I suppose you could just copy them to disk for me?
Kristi...you should totally just go! Between you and Skip, you guys rule H-Town;) It's fun to show your kids the old stoppin' ground...and all the fun things that the south has to offer!
omgness i'm in love with your family! Someday I will go to Houston and just bask in the wonderfulness of them! lol
but Tuesdi and Joel will have to come visit too!
I'm so glad you had a fun trip!
looks like a fun trip - i miss houston - but not the heat - bleh.
Sarah...you're too much! But unfortunately, Houston has a ban on people with such big personalities...oh wait...that's hair....nooooo....attitudes......no - oh yeah, they don't want anyone visiting there who poses a risk to consuming all of their chocolate milkshakes in one day. Sorry:) ha ha
Kathy,
I know what you mean. Luckily there was only one day that was relatively hot. We lucked out - I think it was b/c of the tropical depression that had just rolled through, go figure!
Post a Comment