Friday, April 11, 2008

Battered, Bruised and Broken


Three of my brothers had to have major surgery in the past month.  We are super happy to report that they are all doing well - despite the severity of their medical escapades...


Joel is two weeks out of open heart surgery.  He had to have a valve repaired that had weakened so badly it was causing his heart to enlarge.  He elected to have the surgery done in Houston - but is now home for the remainder of his recovery. 




Doesn't Jamin look fabuloso?  He had to have his face carved out because he was a super snorer.  Our family has had 'please help Jamin not sneeze' in our prayers for a long time:) 


So - we had Mitchel with us while he recuperated from shoulder surgery.  He broke it during an ultimate Frisbee game (a story he is sure to tweak in order to make it sound more exciting:))  The doctors originally thought that a plate, screw and donated tendon would be needed in order to get his shoulder all squared away - but ended up only needing a pin and rubber band.  So, next time you need a Go-Go Gadget boy - just call your friendly Marine, Private Barber...

Alright - that's the latest from our medical files.  We intently hope to NOT be adding any new cases for a very long time!

7 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Oh my goodness!! Crazy!! Your family definately needs a rest! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well and recovering. That was so nice of you to nurse Mitchel back to better health. I'm sure it was fun having him around. Keep safe!
Lindsey J

Kricket said...

Lindsay,
I am so glad that everyone is fine now. It was fun to see a new post.
Kricket

k.m. said...

When it rains it pours I guess, right? I'm glad that all is well and everyone is recuperating. It's hard worrying about those you love. Very stressful.

RightHahn said...

Yes, yes and yes! I couldn't seem to find any extra time while Mitchel was here - so blogging fell by the wayside:) And it really was stressful worrying about those silly brothers of mine. I didn't realize how tense I was about it. The prayers and support from family and friends worked wonders though - so I have a lot to be thankful for...which is a nice feeling.

Unknown said...

It sounds terrible!!! Hopefully everyone is getting better. When I saw the picture of Jamin I thought he had gotten a nose job.

RightHahn said...

Jamin kind of DID get a nose job - it had to be straightened inside and out. He just didn't get it reduced in size;) They also had to break a few facial bones to seal the deal. Crazy, huh?

Kathy said...

i was wondering why you weren't blogging - CRAZY! when it rains it pours, indeed. hope they all recover completely soon. tell mitchel hello!