When Joel, Tuesdi (and family) and Mitchel were out for Thanksgiving - we took them to San Francisco for a picnic at Chrissy Field, which is by the Golden Gate Bridge. Randy was able to get a few shots of some wildlife - and some new photos of the bridge from Fort Point...which is a Civil War fort right under the southern span of the bridge (this is the same side of the bridge where scenes from Vertigo were filmed - for all you film/Alfred Hitchcock buffs).
There was also a pretty famous artist there stacking rocks. I should totally know this guys name, being from California and all - but it escapes me for now. Anyways, he uses tiny little rocks to stack and balance the bigger ones...which amazes me. He is brave to expend so much patience in a place where children and seagull run amuck...
This was my favorite picture from that day. Mitchel was the greatest uncle during our visit together. He probably gave 100 shoulder rides to any child who asked - taught a few self defense moves - played chase, tag, light-sabers, transformers, and practically any other game mentioned by one of his nephews or nieces...without complaint or shewing away...ever. Needless to say, they all began to follow him where ever he went - like little ducks following their mom (or marine in this case):) It was heartwarming:)
4 comments:
????....was Mitch actually wearing
his GI issue Glasses????
Suprise, Suprise(gomer pyle style)!
I think he is a pretty amazing guy.....but then he's my baby!
Love ya all,
Lolly & Gumpy
You should be a photographer. Great pictures!!!
Marisa...
Randy is the picture taker - which is great, b/c I really stink at it:) I have a complete inability to hold the camera still. Even after being shown many times...I somehow end up blurring a shot, getting too close (or to far away), using too much light....etc.
You and Megan (and Randy of course) all have my admiration for your photography skills. It really is a wonderful talent.
I'm glad you're visiting the site...!!
Lindsay
I love Vertigo. Great pictures. Aren't the young, single uncles the greatest. My bro-in-law just got married but luckily he and the new wife have continued the climb all over us tradition that our kids as well as all the other nieces and nephews have come to love and abuse.
Post a Comment