Sunday, June 8, 2008

Schoolio is coolio


Garron's school is coming to a close.  They always host some fun activities towards the end of the year.  

This ensemble was for spirit week, where every day had a theme - like 'crazy hair day', 'backwards day' (where you could wear your clothes backward...or dress in drag), etc.  This photo represents our best shot at 'decade day'.  Can you guess which decade he is?  I don't think we quite did the era justice...but I had totally forgotten about it until the day before, so it was a worthy effort:)  On a side note...Garron's pants stayed rolled all day!!  That never happened back in the day....

The school also hosts an annual Hoe Down.  Each grade learns a dance...and then they get to perform them for each other.  It's really cute - especially when the older kids start to get disgusted about holding hands with the opposite sex:)  My boys are just glad to be able to dress up like cowboys and shoot things, as you can see.  
On another side note...Afterwards, I made their bandanas into shorts using a pattern found by my friend, Megan.  They turned out really cute!

10 comments:

The Barbers said...

Why does everyone else's school do fun, involved things? (Because we have a bunch of lazy people at ours?! Maybe I should cut them some slack, they do work throughout the year instead of on a 9 month schedule.)
I was looking for those lemon and lime juice packets, where does one find them? I looked in the refrigerated, juice and produce sections of Wal-mart. Where do you get yours?

RightHahn said...

Tuesdi!!

You should go to the PTA meetings and request a spirit week! It's pretty simple (you just have to pick the themes - and then hand out a flyer) and the kids LOVE it. I remember doing them - even in podunk Tarkington - and having a blast. My favorite is when we had door decorating contests;)

I found the lemon packets in the baking isle. If you don't see them on your next trip, I'll pick some up for you! You're going to love them! I'm liking the lime a little more than the lemon if you're wanting to try one over the other...

The Barbers said...

Thank you!! I would appreciate some. I will look at a couple of other places and let you know.

Kathy said...

ha ha ha! i LOVE garron's 80's outfit - that is AWESOME. he plays the part well!

The Five that Jive said...

Very cute!!
Lindsey J

Anonymous said...

How Handsome my grandson are! The two of them are looking more and more like brothers! We need pics
of those shorts!

k.m. said...

So grown up! Sadly we have year round school so my little B won't get out for another 2 weeks! Looks like your guys had super fun!

RightHahn said...

Kathy...good job guessing the decade. We really were pushing the limit on being early 90's though. One of Garron's friends even pointed that out to us;)

Mom - click on the link and you'll see a picture of what the shorts look like...or you can see them in person when we come out...or I'll put the boys in them at some point and snap a picture - one of those options should work...ya?!!

Kristi...I didn't realize that Bauer was in school already! What grade is he in? How have you liked his experience in scholastic endeavors thus far?

k.m. said...

He is in the head start program offered by the school district for speech delay. He's been going for 2 years now to improve articulation and diction. Because the school district offers it for free we follow it's schedule- thus the year round schooling. This way I don't pay out the nose for a private speech pathologist. Wow was that a little TMI? He starts Kindergarten in fall of '09.

RightHahn said...

That's great that your district offers a free program!! Ours does as well - and we have several friends that have benefited from it. I thought for sure that Mathias would need help with improving some of his speech issues - but I guess they're not as bad as I assumed. It seems like a really common occurance though... I think it's great that we as parents can catch stuff like that early - and get good (and free!!) help with it:)