
We had a fun weekend in San Diego...
The boys loved being in a hotel! Elevator buttons, swimming pools, and magically made beds seem to be the delights of their lives:) They even got to try out the hot tub - which was a nice pick-me-up. One of the hotel's pools was a salt water pool...a surprisingly fun switch from chlorine. I just liked that everywhere we swam, the water was warm - even the ocean in San Diego was warm. It was great to be able to swim without feeling like a popsicle after getting out.
My Sister-in-law, Tuesdi was gracious enough to let us tag along to a Harry Potter Party that she had located at a local library. All the kids had a fun time. It took a while for Mathias to get into the spirit of things (he was super tired) - but after a few crafts, a visit to Ms. Trelawney's room, and a stop at the balloon maker booth - he was all smiles.
While we were at the party - Randy and my brother Joel went to see 'Transformers'. They both had a few criticisms of the movie...but liked it overall.
The highlight of the trip was of course attending my brother Mitchel's graduation from the Marine Corp. The whole experience of witnessing 275 men commit life and limb to each other and this country was pretty overwhelming. It was amazing to see the personal transformation that Mitchel has undergone as well. He is physically and mentally a completely different person - and I think I speak for our entire family in saying that we've never been prouder of him. I'm continue to be surprised by how emotional the entire situation is making me. I guess seeing that kind of commitment gives you a lot to think about...
No comments:
Post a Comment