
Happy Birthday Jamin! I couldn't get a hold of you today...so I thought I'd dedicate a post to you instead:) First of all - I can't wait to see if you produce a baby as cute as this! Hopefully not as chubby (for Kimra's sake) - but as 'Jamin-esque' would be fantastic, right? Of course, cuteness is inescapable with the gene pool she is working from!
On to the point. For those of you who don't know the kind of brother Jamin is - I hope this gives you a hint. Jamin never fought with anyone...it was inhuman at times. I felt with confidence that if anyone could ever get him upset about anything it would be me. It never happened. Even with intent and purpose on my part.
Jamin used to come and chat with me on my 'dish' day growing up. I never told him how nice I thought that was - so thank you - belatedly:) He would come downstairs and sit on the counter while I did the dishes on Sunday...and yes, sometimes he would even help. I remember laughing a lot...
People gravitate toward Jamin. When we would have reunions or get togethers - Jamin would start out all alone in a room or corner...and before too long the whole party would be centered around him. I figured out at some point why this is. He loves listening to people. Not just the polite, 'hey...what 'ya up to' kind of listening to people. He is genuinely interested in what everyone he meets has to say. It's a very classy trait.
You can fun with Jamin doing the dumbest things. Trust me - we tried them all out. Well, most of them:)
For me, being with Jamin is like being home. Like - home, home. When I think back to some of the things we endured as kids - I know that our success in overcoming them is due in part to who Jamin is. He was and is an amazing example of patience and kindness. I'm honored to know him - let alone have him as a brother...
So, Happy Birthday again. I hope 31 is a fantastic adventure for you!
5 comments:
Your brother sounds awesome!! Check out my blog now suckas!!
Ok, that sounded bad...it's pronounced suckers...but with a gangster twang...so hopefully you got that. Love you!!
I love your blog, and the pictures of what Randy is doing at work are amazing. Randy needs to come put tile in our house...hehehe. Hope you guys have an awesome week with Carrie and Sarah...wish we could be there!!
Well, Jamin may have made you LAUGH, but your words made me
cry....big bo-bo I am! I hope
he has read this blog...but knowing him....he has been too busy to check it out!
Love ya all California Family,
Mom/Lolly & Lee
it's all true - before i knew who he was he was just the guy at the dance that everyone wanted to be around - he was cute and funny and he knew how to be cool at a stake dance. now that's amazing!
Post a Comment